Review: Storm Front

Book Review: Storm Front, by Susan May Warren, 2 stars

✩✩

A tornado has destroyed a small Minnesota community and among the missing are not only a group of students but PEAK Rescue team leader Chet King. Ty Remington will stop at nothing to rescue his mentor, not even when the girl he loved--and lost--walks back into his life. But Brette needs his help more than he knows, despite her stubborn determination to push him away. And when he gets a second chance, loving her just might cost him more than he can imagine.
A blogger for Vortex Storm Chasers, Brette Arnold didn't expect her adventures to land her in the same place as Ty, the guy who she walked--no, ran--from over a year ago. She had her reasons--good ones. The kind that tell her that falling for him again would only lead to heartache. But Ty isn't the kind of man to give up--not on the missing students, or on her.

Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: May 2018

Mature content: no

Review: Storm Front, sadly, didn't work for me. It showed up a couple of weeks ago in my Amazon suggested reading feed and I decided to give it a try. I knew it was part of a series and I hadn't read any of the previous books, but I'm used to that and I rarely have severe issues with it.

Well, this was not the case. Storm Front has no beginning and no end. I'm assuming it picks up where the last book left off and ends in a cliffhanger. The storyline mentioned in the synopsis gets lost in the middle of all the other side stories going on. It's exactly like seeing an episode of a soap opera that's been going on for years and you missed all the previous installments - you have no idea who the characters are and what they are doing. Everything was going on at the same time and I was totally lost after the first few pages.

The writing was Ok and I did like the way Brette's battle with cancer is portrayed. I kept reading the book (though I did skip a few pages here and there) because I was kind of curious about how it would end - only to be disappointed again because it doesn't really end.

There is no way Storm Front can be read as a stand alone, and readers should be warned about it beforehand. So if you're thinking of giving it a try, please go back and read all of the previous four books in the Montana Rescue series.

Have a wonderful weekend, 

the book worm, book blog



Comments